In Brief: Henkel
This article was originally published in The Rose Sheet
Henkel: Acquires 77% stake in Schwarzkopf hair and body care business from Hoechst AG. Dusseldorf-based Henkel says the Hans Peter Schwarzkopf family, which holds the remaining 23% interest in the company, has agreed to sell its share of the firm at a later date. Henkel notes that Schwarzkopf generated DM 1.1 bil. in sales in 1994 with DM 60 mil. in pre-tax earnings. In addition to Germany, Schwarzkopf's major markets include Austria, the Benelux countries, France, the U.K., Australia, Switzerland and Central and Eastern Europe. Henkel sells the Fa line of toiletry products in the U.S. through distributor Cosmetic Imports International...
You may also be interested in...
With a push from the Organic Consumers Association, the National Organic Standards Board is recommending that the use of nanotechnology be strictly prohibited from products certified under the National Organic Program
Though global market-size estimates differ, analysts at SupplySide West 2010 in Las Vegas agreed that cosmeceuticals remain a promising growth vehicle
The National Advertising Division concludes that by claiming the Schick Intuition Plus razor "lathers, shaves and moisturizes in one easy step," Energizer Personal Care is implying a long-term post-shave benefit comparable to that awarded by leave-on moisturizer, which is not supported by the company's evidence