HBW Insight is part of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

Aveda's organic guidelines for H&BA products propose 90% organic requirement.

This article was originally published in The Rose Sheet

Executive Summary

AVEDA ORGANIC GUIDELINES FOR H&BA PRODUCTS PROPOSE 90% ORGANIC INGREDIENT requirement, the personal care company said. The standards, which are under review by three of the organics industry's independent certifying agencies, suggest that 90% of a cosmetic product marketed as "organic" must consist of "certified organic ingredients." The remaining 10% of the formula "may contain conditionally approved surfactants, emulsifiers, binders and processing agents," as long as the materials "originate only from naturally derived ingredients," the proposed guidelines state. The standards are based on those required for foods as mandated by the Organic Foods Production Act of 1990.
Advertisement
Advertisement
UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

RS003721

Ask The Analyst

Please Note: You can also Click below Link for Ask the Analyst
Ask The Analyst

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel